What is Skype for Business Server?
Until recently, «public» communication tools (such as Skype, Telegram, WhatsApp) and corporate communication tools (Lync, Sametime, etc.) were separated by a difficult-to-penetrate wall. Corporate messengers have well-developed security and auditing features. They integrate well with the corporate IT infrastructure and are mostly administered by the customer. The main shortcoming of corporate messengers is their inability to include those outside of the «secure perimeter» (customers, partners, and subcontractors) in the conversation. The public tools allow anybody anywhere on the earth to easily communicate, but their utter lack of control over information streams creates serious problems for corporate IT and security departments. As a result, building a full-fledged communication environment, whether inside or outside of a company, amounts to a set of technological and organizational compromises and introduces significant risks.
Given this situation, Skype for Business Server represents a new turn in the development of corporate communication tools, bringing together two previously incompatible worlds. On the one hand, this is the corporate version of Skype (previously better known as Microsoft Lync) with all of its advantages – secure channels, centralized management, Active Directory integration, Microsoft Office integration, and integration with the corporate phone system. On the other hand, it’s an opportunity to bring any Skype user – no matter where – into this «convenient» and fully manageable communication system. Moreover, thanks to Skype for Business Server’s complete integration, connecting these external users entails no risk and is fully manageable.
Why is a Microsoft Skype for Business Server Launch Service necessary?
When deciding whether to deploy new technology such as Skype for Business Server (Microsoft announced it in spring of 2015), IT- and business managers regularly have questions like these:
— Will Skype for Business Server work for us? Does the product include everything we need (functionality and security)? Will the product integrate well with our corporate environment (both organizationally and technologically)?
— Are the expenses for Skype for Business Server excessive? How much does it cost and how can we optimize our expenses?
To make this barrier easier to overcome, Microsoft invites customers to use its Microsoft Skype for Business Server Launch Service — an authorized service to deploy Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015 Standard Edition on the Customer’s premises and provide practical training to the Customer’s IT specialists.
The Skype for Business Server 2015 Launch Service was created with the following objectives:
- To improve the Customer’s effectiveness and reduce risks when deploying Skype for Business Server 2015;
- To give the Customer’s IT specialists practical experience managing and supporting Skype for Business Server 2015;
- To give the ability to assess the full functionality of Skype for Business Server 2015 and facilitate making a decision about the need for full deployment of the product.
The service is offered by official Microsoft partners and makes it possible, with minimum expenditures, to start trial (or regular) use of Skype for Business in just 3 days.
How is the service provided and what do I get out of it?
The service assumes the following schedule:
The service produces the following:
- A server with Skype for Business Server 2015 Standard Edition installed, which provides the following capabilities:
- Instant messaging;
- Audio- and video calls and conference calls between users;
- Schedule and conduct a web conference;
- 5-10 workstations with deployed client software to interact with Skype for Business Server 2015;
- Training for 5 of your company’s IT specialists. (We propose 2 groups of IT specialists: administrators and technical support specialists);
- Your company’s specialists learn the theory and gain practical skills managing and supporting the solution, and also receive recommendations from an experienced consultant.
Skype for Business Server can be deployed both using permanent licenses (in which case a Microsoft partner will help you choose the best mix of licenses and subscriptions) as well as trial licenses from Microsoft, which are valid for up to 120 days – a period that is entirely sufficient for making a decision.
First, Servilon is an authorized Microsoft partner, which automatically guarantees the quality of our service.
Second, Servilon is a team of IT professionals, which will support you not only while providing the launch service but also during large-scale deployment of Skype for Business, and will resolve any problems that may arise in this process.
Third, Servilon offers this service at one of the lowest prices on the market – only 1400 Euro.
If our offer interests you, call us now and your Microsoft Skype for Business Server deployment project can begin as early as tomorrow.